This position provides Human Resources and Administrative services to employees and managers in support of Covered Insurance Solutions’ goals and objectives. Supports office management functions as indicated. The employee works closely with individual personnel, supervisors, and the Chief Administrative Officer (the “CAO”) to ensure that correct technologies and processes are being used to support daily operations and maintain compliance with local and federal requirements. This position is part of the administrative department and reports to CAO.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in order to ensure consistency and fairness, and to ensure compliance with the legal environment. Communicate policies to managers and employees through both written and verbal communication.
- Recruit employees for the company through developing job descriptions, developing sourcing strategies, placing advertisements, screening resumes, and interviewing applicants. Perform follow-up responsibilities with applicants through reference checks, background checks, and extending offers, both verbal and written.
- Perform onboarding responsibilities through new employee orientation, including benefit sign-up and standard document signing. Acquaint new employees with company processes, procedures, and policies.
- Attend leadership meetings and record issues/actions discussed. Proactively seek methods of implementing actions, involving others as needed.
- Administer benefit plans, including health insurance, 401k plans, and paid leave programs. Provide recommendations for new benefits.
- Administer compensation programs, making recommendations for new hire salaries, as well as merit, promotional, and special increases.
- Advise and counsel managers and employees regarding employee relations matters in accordance with company policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
- Provide training for managers and employees regarding management functions, legal compliance issues, and other subjects in support of the organization.
- Perform office management functions
- Process payroll in accordance with company timelines
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree, or high school degree with related certification
- SHRM certification is a plus, but not required
- 3+years of experience in the Human Resources field
- Prior experience processing payroll
- Prior experience in the property/casualty insurance industry helpful
- Prior experience in a startup environment helpful
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to function well within a team environment
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions to issues
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients
- Must to able to talk with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Ability to work remotely, but this position will require employee to visit the office
Covered is innovating the way people shop for insurance. Gone are the days of insurance agents selling you confusing products. It is Covered’s goal to make insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We’re an independent digital-centric agency - meaning we work with the largest carriers, like Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, Farmers, etc., and can directly sell their policies, providing consumers with unparalleled choice, transparency, and advice. We don’t sell leads. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and strive to provide a best-in-class user experience. If someone wants to talk to a real human, our highly trained licensed insurance agents help consumers make the best choice for their specific needs.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.