The Customer Success Manager’s primary responsibilities are to take ownership of a portfolio of Covered distribution partners, commit to their success, and relentlessly work to remove barriers to adoption both within their organization and cross-functionally within Covered. You’ll be involved in all aspects of partner support, account management demonstrating the product, educating partners, seeking cross-sell and upsell opportunities, and more. All team members look to Customer Success Manager for input across key partner- and channel-impacting decisions.
- Play the primary interface role with distribution partner(s)
- Lead, drive, and manage change within complex partner organizations
- Become a trusted advisor and advocate for partner’s executive sponsor(s) - the primary champion for the partner and voice of the partner within Covered
- Oversee post-implementation account management and ensure a seamless transition from pre- to post-sales
- Drive communication, collaboration, and congruence within partner organization and within Covered
- Remove adoption roadblocks by performing light system configuration
- Ensure high levels of impact and client satisfaction with the services rendered
- Present complex information to clients in a manner that is understandable and actionable
- Answer questions, ensuring the partner(s) understands their options
- Respond to client inquiries and concerns with exceptional responsiveness
- Research and resolve complex customer service issues, taking accountability from inquiry to conclusion
- Participate in educational opportunities, keeping industry and product knowledge current
- Up to 30% travel could be required
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience (MBA/Masters preferred)
- Experience with technology stack and customization of: salesforce, Google Apps, Slack, Microsoft Office, etc. Salesforce Admin or Development certification a plus
- 2-4+ years’ experience in SaaS, process consulting, change management, project management, or strategic account management is a must. Experience developing Customer Success programs is a plus.
- Proven track record of working in a customer-facing role
- Experience in the mortgage industry preferred
- History of retaining and growing your partner portfolio
- Results-oriented and solutions-focused mindset
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to function well within a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients
- Must be able to talk with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Manage a regular cadence of reporting internally and with partners to ensure implementations and other timelines stay on track; and executing regular business reviews that advance the account engagement plan
- Maintain and update key account records in our CRM
- Support the building of a world-class customer success organization
- Lead training sessions in a variety of contexts with partner staff, articulating the industry context and educating them on day-to-day usage of the platform
- Become a product subject matter expert and empower partners to extract full value, monitoring adoption and usage trends to provide recommendations for improvement to both partner and Covered’s business units
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven but uncommonly organized, highly disciplined, and naturally process-driven
- Thrive working in the unknown, taking initiative and designing processes when they don’t yet exist
- Possess understanding of the people, process, and technology realities that are part of transformation efforts, and utilize approaches and tools to mitigate risk
- Impressive executive presence and communication abilities - adept with external and internal stakeholders
- Passion for technology and for being a part of a fast-growing tech-driven company
- Attention to detail is the hallmark of your project management style, with strong capabilities for delivering great work.
- Highly analytical problem solver that can develop systems and processes to drive solutions
- You listen and understand with an ability to dive into root problems and provide in depth feedback to customers and other teams within Covered. You can triangulate customer feedback and filter the helpful from the unproductive.
- You are extremely well organized with an ability to handle and digest large amounts of information from a variety of resources
- Accountable and transparent, and collaborative - we’re on this journey together and own our work and take responsibility for ourselves and having each other’s backs
Covered is innovating the way people shop for insurance. Gone are the days of insurance agents selling you confusing products. It is Covered’s goal to make insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We’re an independent digital-centric agency - meaning we work with the largest carriers, like Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, Farmers, etc., and can directly sell their policies, providing consumers with unparalleled choice, transparency, and advice. We don’t sell leads. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and strive to provide a best-in-class user experience. If someone wants to talk to a real human, our highly trained licensed insurance agents help consumers make the best choice for their specific needs.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.