The Director, Channel Partnerships, Fintech will play a pivotal role in growing Covered's revenue and expanding our partner base from the ground up. Key to this role is an ability to understand Covered technology, expertly communicate its benefits, identifying potential partners, and winning their trust by consultatively selling the value and possibilities of Covered’s Embedded Insurance Platform.
- Provide leadership of Covered’s FINTECH channel strategy, by managing a pipeline of BDR and self-sourced leads to engage and develop new partnerships in the Consumer Banking, Personal Finance, Wealth Management, Consumer Lending, or Neo/Challenger bank space.
- Own the go-to-market activities and manage the sales pipeline of the FINTECH channel
- Expand the reach of Covered’s embedded insurance value prop into new Fintech sectors
- Provide oversight of the BDR team and cross-collaboration with insurance, marketing, product, engineering, and implementation teams.
- Strategy, Planning, & Execution:
- Collaborate with the CRO to develop the Account and Go-to-Market Strategy of the FINTECH channel
- Source, engage and nurture executive-level relationships with high-value target organizations
- Present the Covered value prop to key partner stakeholders of target organizations
- Work with Partners and Covered Product, Engineering, and Implementation teams to determine an integration strategy and path that will create a world-class customer experience for the end customer.
- Negotiate business and economic terms and navigate the contracting process with Partners.
- Represent Covered at industry conferences and events
- Manage the sales cycle for efficiency and acceleration of partner growth
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools & Google Suite
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel)
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to generate communications on a computer
- Must to able to talk with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. unassisted
- Location is currently remote but will need to (downtown Denver)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 7-10 years in B2B enterprise sales execution with a portion of that time developing partnerships.
- Track record of driving revenue and exceeding sales goals.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
- Ability to assess the financial impact of deals and opportunities
- A strong network of established relationships, contacts, and prior deals sold in the Consumer Banking, Personal Finance, Wealth Management, Consumer Lending, Neo/Challenger bank space or other Fintech sectors
- Strong ability to build effective executive/C-Level relationships.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Position may require up to 50% travel
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Covered’s world-class sales organization starts with highly effective sales processes and systems - we’re looking for a high-energy, tenacious professional that will seize that role. The right person for this position is an experienced Sales Operations leader who is equally strategic and tactical and enthusiastic about contributing to an early-stage, high-growth organization.
WHY WE'RE HIRING?
We've recently completed our Series A funding round and are scaling our business development team to rapidly expand our channel strategy and accelerate our sales growth into high-value prospects and partners.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.