This position manages Covered’s information technology systems, processes, and support. The employee works closely with individual personnel as well as the information security program manager to ensure that correct technologies and equipment are being used to support daily operations and maintain compliance with information security program requirements. Support and troubleshooting of employee equipment as well as maintenance of existing tooling and equipment. This position is part of the information security team, under the Engineering department, and reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage and document employee access provisioning and reporting
- Commissioning, maintenance, decommissioning, and documentation of company IT assets
- Perform needs analysis with team members, utilizing a consultative approach, and recommend products or processes that are suitable for the company
- Utilizing internal and external systems, produce and maintain reporting about the company’s IT systems.
- Present complex information to management in a manner that is understandable, and answer questions, ensuring the management understands their options
- Desktop Support for employees
- Management and review of desktop support processes & company tooling
- Support the review, maintenance, implementation, and creation of company IT policies
- Management and documentation of standard computer requirements and configurations
- Vendor management, due diligence, and other audit support
- Support obtaining and maintaining compliance and security certifications including SOC II
- Respond to employee IT inquiries and concerns. Research and resolve complex IT issues.
- Participate in educational opportunities, keeping product knowledge current.
- Provide support to the Company’s information security program manager
- Develop and implement processes and programs in support of information security
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to work on a computer and be able to carry several computers and maneuver an IT support cart
- Must to able to talk with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Ability to work remotely, but this position will require employee to visit the office
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelors Degree in related IT field or equivalent work
- This position is primarily based in an office environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a company’s IT infrastructure, including 2 years managing company-wide implementation of G Suite for Business
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and analysis
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to function well within a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- SOC II audit support experience preferred