We rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We’re seeking a full stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack.
Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back end languages. You’ll be joining an agile team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back end architecture, and ultimately, delivering amazing user experiences.
Our Tech Stack:
- Java/Spring Boot
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Coach and participate in lean-agile development methodologies & best practices.
- Help architect and develop best-in-class test automation across our products.
- Write, update, and use documentation.
- Deliver highly functional, quality software solutions to meet a variety of business needs.
- Work closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that we deliver. software that meets security, reliability, and performance requirements.
- Engage with product teams to determine how to best serve end-users needs.
- Help grow the engineering team by participating in the interview process.
- Participate in 24/7 On-call rotation.
Experience and Education:
- 8+ years of industry/production programming experience.
- 3-5 years of developing applications using TypeScript/Node.js.
- 3-5 years building, documenting, and maturing APIs using Swagger/OAS3.
- 3-5 years working with frameworks such as ReactJS/NextJS/NestJS.
- 3-5 years working with Docker.
- 3-5 years of experience in AWS or other cloud environments such as Azure or GCP.
- Demonstrated ability with continuous integration/continuous delivery principles, pipelines, and services.
- Experience mentoring junior developers to grow their skillsets.
- Exposure to Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms. (ECS/Nomad/Docker Swarm).
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Jest, Cypress or Postman.
- Participate in improvements of engineering capabilities, approach, and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking ability.
- Collaborative team player that enjoys working with others and can also work independently.
- Generous with time spent building relationships with team members, partner and customers.
- An appreciation for a transparent, open and honest working environment.
- Must value accountability and dedication to producing an excellent end result.
- Values the importance of representing and protecting the company’s cultural DNA.
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer.
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients.
- Must to able to speak with clients, partners, and internal staff.
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff.
- Work Schedule: Full time. Position pay require employee to work various shifts as necessary to support company objectives.
- Occasional travel (less than 25%) might be required.
- Work Location: Covered’s headquarters in Denver, CO. Position is eligible for remote work upon employee meeting certain criteria.
Who is Covered?
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
This position includes a competitive benefit package.