As a Product Owner at Covered you will work closely with product management to drive the product vision and roadmap. You will represent the voice of the customer on an Agile full stack team; you will champion between the team, end users and stakeholders to ensure alignment of the product vision, roadmap and strategy.
You will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. Working closely with Product Management on understanding the ‘who’ and ‘why’ of the business problems we are trying to solve and then working with the team to define the ‘how’ and the ‘when’ those problems can be solved.
- Collaborate with product management, as well as development to take the lead on feature deployment.
- Define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, recognize trends and form conclusions.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Posses an affinity for innovation and creativity.
- Exhibit strong time management and organizational skills.
- Communicate complex issues and problems to a non-technical audience.
- Craft user stories and welcome constructive feedback/conversations.
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop a roadmap of epics and features.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure alignment on solution, priorities, and dependencies.
- Establish release criteria in coordination with Product Management.
- Clearly communicate release content and value to business partners and IT leadership.
- Facilitate product and release demo, taking accountability for feedback and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years in a product owner role, or similar role is required.
- Strong agile leadership; lives the agile principles; experience in a software development environment with Agile development practices, including Scrum and SAFe.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence is required.
- Background in API technologies and similar topics, for example: REST, API Gateways, API authentication or SDKs.
- Experience building APIs for SaaS products and evolving those products into platforms.
- Experience in each stage of the API product lifecycle.
- Comfortable with web and database technologies.
- Experience in ensuring that APIs provide value to all stakeholders (internal, external, and customers).
- CRM experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of working with services oriented architectures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using computers and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Generous with time spent building relationships with team members, partners and customers.
- Collaborative team player that enjoys working with others and can also work independently.
- An appreciation for a transparent, open and honest working environment.
- Must value accountability and dedication to producing an excellent end result.
- Values the importance of representing and protecting the company’s cultural DNA.
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer.
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients.
- Must to able to speak with clients, partners, and internal staff.
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff.
- Work Schedule: Full time. Position pay require employee to work various shifts as necessary to support company objectives.
- Occasional travel (less than 25%) might be required.
- Work Location: Covered’s headquarters in Denver, CO. Position is eligible for remote work upon employee meeting certain criteria.
Who is Covered?
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
This position includes a competitive benefit package.