We are looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for handling our company's partner and product implementations and support other external and internal project initiatives. You will be working closely with all departments within the organization to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans, as well as the proper execution of said plans. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes. A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a huge advantage.
- Coordinating with cross-disciplinary team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Meeting with project team members to identify, document, and resolve issues
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution
- Keep COO and key stakeholders apprised of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual goal progress
- Select, train, and maintain a company-wide project management system and toolset
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables
- Managing customer satisfaction within project transition period
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
A Project Manager has exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients. Additionally, the professional is a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role. He/she is highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value and benefit for Covered Insurance Solutions and its partners. Further qualities and attributes that aid in the success of this role are:
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary
- Ability to multitask, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details while effectively managing time
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact, as well as communicate ideas, including responding to resistance and criticism
- Accountable, collaborative, and transparent.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Team player attitude is mandatory
- Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of business experience managing projects which require multi-department collaboration
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Proven experience in project management
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and analysis
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
- Ability to manage time effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Experience overseeing projects involving external partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Jira software
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients
- Must be able to talk with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
Covered is innovating the way people shop for insurance. Gone are the days of insurance agents selling you confusing products. It is Covered’s goal to make insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We’re an independent digital-centric agency - meaning we work with the largest carriers, like Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, Farmers, etc, and can directly sell their policies, streamlining insurance shopping for best coverages from top carriers. We don’t sell leads. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and strive to provide a best-in-class user experience. If someone wants to talk to a real human, our highly trained licensed insurance agents help consumers make the best choice for their specific needs.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.