Covered is looking for an individual who is passionate about helping people work together effectively and creating tools and processes that empower others. We are seeking candidates with experience using Scrum and agile methodologies, preferably in the context of building a product, to guide our team members and partners through the product release process.
As the shepherd of our agile process, you will be responsible for driving effectiveness by increasing the velocity of value delivery. You will be expected to adhere to core Scrum principles, working with the entire team to ensure that they are delivering value. In addition, we expect you’ll leverage your experience to improve the team's communication around dependencies as collaboration will be paramount.
- Accept the responsibility of being Covered first Scrum Master and look to establish its agile practice.
- Facilitate team communication around dependencies.
- Own the raising and resolution of team impediments, blockers, and concerns.
- Continuously improve the team’s implementation of Agile and Scrum.
- Guide the team through Scrum rituals — sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospective, demo, and the daily standup.
- Schedule, collaborate, plan, and facilitate meetings with stakeholders.
- Digest large amounts of information from meetings and translate/condense into “actionable items” and/or reference materials for team members.
- Create and implement new systems and processes to meet the needs of the team and the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick and creative problem-solving.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work remotely.
- Service-oriented with an ability to proactively manage expectations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via tools such as Zoom, Slack, Google Apps, and Jira.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Experience working with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, and the values (commitment, courage, focus, openness and respect) that make it a successful project management approach.
- Familiarity with project management/issue tracking systems such as Jira.
- Prior experience leading an Agile process on a team.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using computers and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Generous with time spent building relationships with team members, partners and customers.
- Collaborative team player that enjoys working with others and can also work independently.
- An appreciation for a transparent, open and honest working environment.
- Must value accountability and dedication to producing an excellent end result.
- Values the importance of representing and protecting the company’s cultural DNA.
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer.
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients.
- Must to able to speak with clients, partners, and internal staff.
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff.
- Work Schedule: Full time. Position pay require employee to work various shifts as necessary to support company objectives.
- Occasional travel (less than 25%) might be required.
- Work Location: Covered’s headquarters in Denver, CO. Position is eligible for remote work upon employee meeting certain criteria.
Who is Covered?
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
This position includes a competitive benefit package.