Assistant to the CEO
$74,445-$95,671 annually depending on experience
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Casual Time Off, 401(k), HSA, LTD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays
Reporting directly to the CEO, focused, and passionate about being a significant contributor the Executive Assistant ( herein “EA”) is highly organized, thrives on the work, keenly anticipates the CEO’s needs, executes upon a broad variety of professional and personal administrative tasks for the CEO working within a highly intellectual, creative, warp speed, results-driven technology environment. The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, serving as a liaison to the Board of Directors, and the Executive Leadership Team, and managing the executive office operations. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work independently on tasks and projects, from conception to completion, and thrive in a multi-faceted role that requires the ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This role serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and executive leadership team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and therefore must be detail-oriented, highly organized, confident, and possess a keen ability to anticipate, organize and find joy and great satisfaction supporting the CEO. The ideal individual exercises keen judgment in a variety of situations, meticulous attention to detail, possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, analytics, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This role is located on-site in our Denver HQ. The successful individual is a self-starter with a proven ability to anticipate and work independently from conception to completion. Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- The purpose of this role is the sole support to the CEO. Provides sophisticated calendar management for the CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Researches and prioritizes before determining the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the CEO’s style and organization policy. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, and responds to emails/texts/phone calls outside normal business hours, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison and provides support to the Board of Directors. Arranges and handles all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of the Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Works closely with the CEO to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Serve as a monitor creating a win-win situation for direct access to the CEO’s time and office. Conserves the CEO's time by reading, researching, collecting, and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Coordinates complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to executive leaders. Perform a variety of administrative duties including personal errands and administrative support to maximize the CEO’s time.
- Plans and orchestrate work to ensure the CEO’s priorities are met and exceed support expectations. Is extraordinarily organized and maintains and works to refine internal processes. Coordinate all Executive Leadership Team meetings and retreats and assist with other meetings and events as needed.
- Provides a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and team, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Board. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Leadership, on behalf of the CEO.
- Works with the Board and Executives to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board and Executive Leadership. Puts in the work to minimize the demand on the CEO’s time. Researches, prioritizes, redirects, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, redirection, or response.
- Represents the Company and the Office of the CEO in a positive, humble light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment. Welcome all guests by greeting them in a professional manner, in person, by email, by text, or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries promptly.
- Through work product and execution, earns “trusted partner” positioning working effectively with the CEO to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating acuity and maintaining credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through to confirm disposition, often with deadline pressures. Participates as an administrative “adjunct” included in leadership meetings and assists in scheduling meetings.
- Ensures that the CEO's bio and social media are kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general. Completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders Strategic Initiatives in the voice of the CEO. Works with the Executive Leadership Team to coordinate the CEO's outreach activities.
Experience and Education
- Strong work tenure: 5-7 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in insurance, tech, fintech, or financial services.
- Anticipatory, intuitive, detail-oriented, Proficient in G-Suite, Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms; enjoys technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with very high attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team.
- Must value accountability and dedication required to produce an excellent end result.
- Maintains calendar and email box. Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Extraordinary organizational and time management skills that reflect ability as a self-starter to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Elegant interpersonal skill and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors--makes the job look easy.
- Expert in written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the work of the position and humble in their expertise and success in execution.
- An appreciation for company virtue: Accountability, Collaboration, Excellence, Generosity, Transparency.
- Values the importance of representing and fiercely protecting the company’s cultural DNA.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity
- Must to able to speak with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Work Schedule: Full time. Position may require employee to work various shifts as necessary to support company objectives
- Occasional travel (less than 10%)
- Status: Exempt
- Work Location: Covered’s Headquarters is in Denver, CO.
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF ANY PROTECTED ATTRIBUTE, PROTECTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. WE MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS' AND EMPLOYEES' RELIGIOUS PRACTICES AND BELIEFS, AS WELL AS ANY MENTAL HEALTH OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY NEEDS.