Applicants must reside in OH, CO, FL, TX, PA, AZ, NV, MI
$125,000-$155,000 annually depending on experience
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Casual Time Off, 401(k), HSA, LTD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays
As a Product Manager at Covered, you will work closely with a cross-functional group of designers, developers, and business stakeholders to drive the product vision and roadmap for our core product offerings. You will represent the voice of the customer on an agile full-stack team; you will guide the team and stakeholders, ensuring alignment of the product vision, roadmap, and strategy. You will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with innovative product solutions. You will work closely with senior leadership on understanding the ‘who’ and ‘why’ of the business problems we are trying to solve and then work with the team to define the ‘how’ and the ‘when’ those problems can be solved.
- Collaborate with design and development counterparts to lead feature ideation, development, and deployment.
- Define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, recognize trends, and form conclusions.
- Posses an affinity for innovation and creativity.
- Exhibit strong time management and organizational skills.
- Communicate complex issues and problems to a non-technical audience.
- Craft user stories and welcome constructive feedback/conversations.
- Maintain a roadmap of solutions and product features.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure alignment on solutions, priorities, and dependencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Communicate release content and value to business partners and technology leadership.
- Facilitate product and release demos, taking accountability for feedback and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Experience managing digital products and leading delivery teams ( bonus points for customer-facing experiences, APIs, and/or SDKs ).
- Strong agile leadership; lives the agile principles; experience in a software development environment with Agile development practices.
- Expert collaboration and communication skills.
- Familiarity with JIRA is required.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, feature flagging tools such as LaunchDarkly, and/or Monday.com are desired.
- Insurance experience is desired.
- Experience integrating third-party apps and data streams into a core product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A formal education in product management is not required. We’re seeking a highly motivated individual with demonstrable product management knowledge and experience.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer and other information needed by clients
- Must to able to speak with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Work Schedule & Location: Full-time. Our product and engineering teams join us on-site in the Denver, CO office approximately 1-2 days per week.
- Occasional travel (less than 5%) might be required
- Work Location: Covered’s headquarters in Denver, CO. Position is eligible for remote work upon the employee meeting certain criteria.
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF ANY PROTECTED ATTRIBUTE, PROTECTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. WE MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS' AND EMPLOYEES' RELIGIOUS PRACTICES AND BELIEFS, AS WELL AS ANY MENTAL HEALTH OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY NEEDS.