Welcome to Covered!
This Policy applies to all Users of the Service. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, you must not use the Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of this Policy. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall also be subject to this Policy. You can review the most recent version of this Policy at any time here. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of this Policy by posting updates and/or changes. It is your responsibility to check the Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Throughout this Policy, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The list is not all-encompassing and no definition should be considered binding to the point that it renders this Policy nonsensical:
- “Covered” refers to our Company, Site, Service, or a combination of all or some of the preceding definitions, depending on the context of the word.
- “Service” refers to the services that we provide through the Site, including, but not limited to, our insurance quotation service and the Site itself.
- “Site” refers to the Covered website at itscovered.com.
- “User” refers but is not limited to all visitors of the Site, including but not limited to registered and unregistered users, visitors, advertisers, viewers, customers, browsers, vendors, service providers, and/or merchants.
- “You” refers to you, the person who is governed by this Policy.
3. Information Collected
Whenever you use our Service, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
Information We May Request
We may request you to provide certain information in connection with your request for a home or auto insurance quote, including but not limited to the following:
For Users Holding and/or Seeking Home or Auto Insurance:
- General Information: Name, physical address, email address, and other personally identifying information necessary to the insurance coverage.
- Home Insurance Information: Insurance origination, limits, and other coverage information with respect to existing insurance coverage (if any).
- Auto Insurance Information: Information on your drivers license as well as information about your driving record.
For Uninsured Users Seeking Auto Insurance:
- Information necessary to identify your vehicle (e.g., make, model, number)
- Other information about your vehicle age and condition.
For Uninsured Users Seeking Property Insurance:
- Property Information: Property address, age, dimensions, and conditions of your property.
- Safety Information: Safety implements and providers (e.g., fire stations) in or around your property.
- Resident Information: Information about property occupants and pets (if any).
- Insurance Information: Prior property insurance claims or losses.
- Business Information: Whether or not business is conducted on your property and, if so, basic information about the business.
4. Use of Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve User experience or our Service.
- Contact you by phone, text or e-mail about our Service or respond to inquiries.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Service.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
Users may in some cases be able to review and edit the personal information they have provided to us by logging into your account and editing their account. Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
6. Cookies, Web Beacons, Browser Local Storage, and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or other devices by websites that you visit.
We may use the Web Storage API (a.k.a, local or session storage) provided by your browser to cache information related to your account, including your personal data.
This Policy does not cover cookies practices used by third-party service providers. We will do our best to maintain links to privacy policies of the third-party service providers that we use in this document.
7. Third Party Websites
Covered may post links to third party websites on our Service. Additionally, other materials made available through our Service may contain third party website links or files. These third party websites and files are not screened for privacy or security issues by Covered, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third parties.
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an agreement with Covered to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosting companies, and others.
Throughout the course of our provision of our Service to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our Service.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you authorize us to collect, share, store, exchange, and otherwise use your information in conjunction with Covered.
9. Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
At times, it may become necessary or desirable, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
10. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
11. Security Measures
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our Service, including using SSL certificates. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our Service secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
12. Your California Online Privacy Rights
13. International Transfer