The Salesforce Developer will play a vital role in managing the ongoing use and maintenance of our Salesforce System. You will work closely with our Insurance Sales team and marketing department to provide data critical to the maximization of customer experience and company profit. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for maintaining the current platform along with developing customized solutions within the platform to ensure optimal use, as well as creating and maintaining reports. The Salesforce Developer will work to leverage the full features and benefits of the Salesforce platform in support of the needs and goals across the organization. This Salesforce Developer role will report to the VP of Engineering and will serve as the central point of contact for our Salesforce System.
- Managing users, data, and security.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards.
- Maintain system backups, refresh sandbox environments.
- Test and deploy updates to the Salesforce environment.
- Maintain data quality and adoption reports and provide feedback on overall system usage.
- Provide end user training as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 3+ years’ experience as SFDC Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Administrator Certification required, must able to provide documentation of current certification
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator preferred, but not required; candidate should have desire to achieve Advanced Administrator certification
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application
- Advanced skills in creating complex Salesforce reports and dashboards
- Advanced skills in creating/managing complex Process Builder workflows, Object & Object Relationships; including custom fields and data/process validation
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, meeting deadlines and manage parallel projects
- Strong technical aptitude with proficiency in the Google Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce managed packages for Agency Management Systems (i.e. TechCanary) a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients
- Must to able to talk with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
Covered is innovating the way people shop for insurance. Gone are the days of insurance agents selling you confusing products. It is Covered’s goal to make insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We’re an independent digital-centric agency - meaning we work with the largest carriers, like Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, Farmers, etc., and can directly sell their policies, providing consumers with unparalleled choice, transparency, and advice. We don’t sell leads. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and strive to provide a best-in-class user experience. If someone wants to talk to a real human, our highly trained licensed insurance agents help consumers make the best choice for their specific needs.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.