Customer Service Representative
Applicants must reside in AZ, CO, CA, NV
$42,000-$50,000 annually depending on experience
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Casual Time Off, 401(k), HSA, LTD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a key position that works directly with the Insurance Sales Team and customers to ensure a pleasant customer experience. The CSR assists the personal lines team by performing basic servicing tasks in a highly automated, efficient, cost effective manner that provides for growth, profitability and customer retention efforts. We are looking for ambitious, energetic professionals that are ready to embrace innovation and technology in order to enhance and elevate the insurance customer sales and support experience. You must currently reside in one of the following states: AZ, CO, CA, or NV.
- Assist in the processing of policy changes and aiding customers with billing related inquiries.
- Proactively manage renewal policies through the use of automated processes.
- Research and resolve complex customer client inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage post-bind systems and processes to complete policy cross sells.
- Participate in educational opportunities to stay up-to-date and current on industry knowledge.
- Create reports on key agency metrics to assist with agency performance and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with Insurance Advisors and other teams and customers, as needed, to support the needs of our customers, partners and the business overall.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- High school degree or equivalent is required.
- Current Property & Casualty License and experience in a related industry is required.
- Experience in working with Multiple carrier systems I.e. Traveler, Nationwide, Safeco, State Auto, and Progressive are a plus.
- Minimum of two years working in a customer service related role is required.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, time management and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Generous with time spent building relationships with team members, partners and customers.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team. An appreciation for a transparent, open and honest working environment.
- Must value accountability and dedication to producing an excellent end result.
- Values the importance of representing and protecting the company’s cultural DNA.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: This position is primarily based in an office environment.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to produce quotes on a computer, and other information needed by clients
- Must to able to speak with clients, partners, and internal staff
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Work Schedule: Full time. Position may require employee to work various shifts as necessary to support company objectives
- Occasional travel (less than 25%) might be required
- Work Location: Covered’s headquarters in Denver, CO. Position is eligible for remote work upon employee meeting certain criteria
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF ANY PROTECTED ATTRIBUTE, PROTECTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. WE MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS' AND EMPLOYEES' RELIGIOUS PRACTICES AND BELIEFS, AS WELL AS ANY MENTAL HEALTH OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY NEEDS.