Insurance Sales Advisor
Applicants must reside in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MI, NV, OH, TX
Base Pay Midpoint: $45,000
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Casual Time Off, 401(k), HSA, LTD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays
Our Insurance Sales Advisors actively execute our mission and vision by meeting our customers where and when they need insurance. They provide a seamless and enjoyable experience to our customers by producing quotes, making recommendations, and guiding them through the insurance purchasing process from start to finish. This is a sales-oriented role that plays a very important role in driving the growth of the organization. This position reports to the Insurance Sales Manager and collaborates regularly with other advisors and teammates across the organization.
- Write personal lines policies for clients utilizing referrals from partners and direct applications and interfacing directly with clients while meeting production objectives.
- Utilize internal and external systems to produce insurance quotes from property and casualty carriers that will meet the client’s needs.
- Perform needs analysis with the client, utilizing a consultative approach, and making recommendations that are suitable for the customer.
- Address customer inquiries regarding their current policy and/or assist them in finding the appropriate policy to meet their personal needs.
- Present complex information to customers in a manner that is easy to understand and empathetic to their needs.
- Participate in educational opportunities keeping product knowledge current and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with fellow cohorts and participate in team activities as needed to foster a culture of continuous improvement, positivity, and teamwork.
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Active Property & Casualty license in good standing
- 2+ years of experience as a Property & Casualty insurance agent
- Strong knowledge of various company auto and homeowner products
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, analysis and effective time management
- Words and grammar are important so professional and effective communication skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of computers and office productivity applications with an aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and other office productivity tools, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
- An appreciation for a transparent, open, and honest working environment
- Proven accountability and dedication to producing an excellent end result
- Possess the virtues of accountability, collaboration, excellence, generosity and transparency
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Work Environment: Denver, CO HQ or Remote
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to work on a computer
- Must have command of english language to effectively communicate
- Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
- Opportunistic travel as may be required
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF ANY PROTECTED ATTRIBUTE, PROTECTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. WE MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS' AND EMPLOYEES' RELIGIOUS PRACTICES AND BELIEFS, AS WELL AS ANY MENTAL HEALTH OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY NEEDS.