Insurance Sales Manager
Applicants must reside in: AZ, CA, CO, FL, MI, NV, OH, TX, GA, IL
Base Pay Midpoint: $75,000
This position includes a competitive benefits package to include an extraordinary culture, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, AD&D, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), casual time off, and 11 paid holidays.
As a member of the Insurance Operations Organization, you will lead a team of Property & Casualty Insurance Sales Advisors within our sales business unit. Responsible for management and operations of a team of Property & Casualty insurance sales advisors. This is a revenue-centric, KPI-driven role focused on inbound and outbound sales lead conversions into policies and customer service. In addition, help improve the sales process for our reps, and to support growth and profitability of the core business by influencing and mentoring sales representatives. The Sales Manager will report directly to the Head of Insurance.
- Drive sales team towards achieving/exceeding sales metrics
- Develop, coach, and performance manage a sales team
- Ensure exceptional customer satisfaction and high customer retention
- Manage client escalations. Respond to client complaints. Research and resolve complex customer service issues
- Facilitate an engaging environment in which agents are inspired and feel supported.
- Partner with internal departments such as the Customer Support, Training/Quality Assurance, Marketing or Product teams to drive efficiencies and improve the customer experience
- Possess deep knowledge of insurance product offerings and value proposition
- Support workforce management including recruiting, recommendations on hiring, scheduling, and performance evaluations
- Enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Supports training and onboarding of new employees
- Embrace a test and learn mentality, continuously seeking ways to improve processes and department performance
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Incumbents must have a current state license, in Property & Casualty
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Property & Casualty Insurance Agent
- Minimum 2 years of insurance management experience, including call center or managing a team of licensed insurance agents
- Strong knowledge of various insurance carriers and products (Direct carrier relationship experience preferred), including homeowners, auto, umbrella, and other lines
- Demonstrated sales aptitude and ability to meet sales objectives
- Tech-oriented systems proficiency utilizing Agency Management Systems
- Experience with multiple carrier systems, i.e. Travelers, Nationwide, Safeco, State Auto, Progressive, ASI, Stillwater, and Grange
Essential Job Functions
Essential Role Requirements (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable
● Work Environment: Denver, CO HQ or Remote
● Physical Demands:
o Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
o Possess visual acuity in order to see a computer
o Must possess manual dexterity in order to work on a computer
o Must have command of the English language to effectively communicate
o Must be able to hear clients, partners, and internal staff
o Opportunistic travel as may be required
At Covered, we are focused on making insurance easy to understand and painless to purchase. We combine intuitive technology with a human touch to help consumers quote, compare, and purchase multiple insurance products in minutes. By partnering with lenders, financial institutions and fintech companies, we deliver our personalized embedded insurance marketplace to their customers. If you are looking for career opportunities within a growing company built by a compassionate and solutions oriented team, you have come to the right place.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF ANY PROTECTED ATTRIBUTE, PROTECTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. WE MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS' AND EMPLOYEES' RELIGIOUS PRACTICES AND BELIEFS, AS WELL AS ANY MENTAL HEALTH OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY NEEDS.